If you haven't visited the Class Competition page of this website, you may find the information on it helpful. If you are already have a player profile and you need to update it because you have moved, changed your email address, changed schools or you want to change your password, use the Update Player Profile menu option.
• • •
Zanoba® Class Competition is open to anyone who has a working e-mail address and follows the Terms of Service below. By creating a player profile, you become eligible to join in official competitions that may lead to school, city, county, district, state and regional championships.
If you aren't yet 18 years old, ask one of your parents or, with your parent’s permission, another relative or responsible adult to act as your “supporter” by rooting for you and helping you when you need transportation to play matches. Your supporter is also there for your safety when you are playing matches with people you don’t know.
Ask your Supporter to review the information in this website, including the Terms of Service below, and to help you complete the Player Profile Form below. Your Supporter must agree to the Terms of Service on your behalf before you begin filling out the Player Profile form together.
These Terms of Service don’t apply if you intend to play only with friends and relatives and are not interested in participating in formal competition either in the Class Competition individually or as a team member.
If you complete a player profile, the only information displayed on this website about you will be limited to your age category, and the city, county, and state in which you live. No other personal information such as your name and email address will be available on this website. For more information about how we protect your privacy, please review our Privacy Statement . If you have questions or comments about these Terms of Service, please contact us by email.
By registering to participate in Zanoba® class competition by creating a player profile on this website, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service. That is a legally binding agreement between you and the Z.H.C. You confirm that you accept the following Terms of Service and agree to be bound by them. If you don’t accept these Terms of Service, don’t submit a Player Profile.
1) If you are not yet 18 years old, you will designate a “supporter”, meaning a parent or other relative or a responsible adult who is approved by your parent or guardian, to be present when you play in official matches,
2) You promise to abide by the Rules of the Game and the Rules of Class Competition as published by the Z.R.C on this website,
3) At least one witness, who may be provided by either player, must be present to confirm the scores of each official match you play,
4) You promise to honestly record your official wins on the Report Official Match Results page on this website,
5) You promise to treat other players and anyone you meet through Zanoba® with respect and to protect the identity of other players, and
6) You agree to use a strong password, keep it in a private and secure place an update it at least once a year.
7) The Z.R.C. reserves the right to disqualify anyone from further competition for behavior it deems inappropriate, racist or bullying toward other players. Nicknames that are deemed profane, crude, disrespectful, or objectionable by it will be rejected. If you break the rules, the Z.R.C. may suspend or terminate your account.
1) If you are at least 18 years old, you are not required to have a "Supporter". If you are not yet 18, decide whom you want to be your Supporter. Ask them to review these Terms of Service and, if they agree to them, to help you complete the Player Profile below.
2) Decide on a unique nickname that is up to 15 characters long to use instead of your real name during matches and on this website. Make it as catchy and unique as you want. It could be something like Blue Knight, T-Rex, Hot Stuff, Golden Girl, Queen of Hearts, or Lucky Lady.
3) Decide on a strong password that is at least 8 characters long with at least one upper- and lower-case letter, number and one of these special signs: !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, ( and ) but NO spaces. Here is an example of a strong password: $9FwtbT&888. Be sure and write your password down and keep it in a safe place. To help remember it, the “FwtbT” consists of the first letter in the words “For whom the bell tolls”.
4) Decide on an email address the Z.R.C. can use to contact you and that you can use to arrange matches. We suggest setting up a free email address through Google or some other provider just for your Zanoba emails. That way, if someone hacks your Zanoba emails, it won’t compromise your regular emails.
5) You will be asked to enter the name of the County, State and Region where you live. Go to the States By Region page of this website and find the region your state is in. For example, Tennessee is in the Southern Region.
6) Create your avatar:
After you have submitted your information, you will receive an email message confirming that your player profile information has been accepted. When you enter a nickname and password, this website will determine if they are valid and available. If they are not, you will be asked to choose another one. If the nickname you choose is profane or objectional, it will be rejected. By registering you agree to respect the decision of the website administrator if a nickname is deemed to be unacceptable.If you have questions or comments about these steps, please contact us by email.
YOU ARE UNIQUE
Whatever your race, your age, your sex, your nationality, your education, or your financial means, you are unique. AND AWESOME!
Don't let anyone else define who you are.
Don't try to be good at everything.
Strive to be exceptionally good at one thing.
But choose carefully what that one thing is — Even if you are the best in the world at playing horse shoes, you probably will still starve.
— the Z.R.C.